Fender Deluxe Stratocaster RW (2 Tone Sunburst)
Fender have always been a great choice for those who want a versatile tone machine at a great price. Now they are adding even better value to their Mexican made line with the Deluxe Stratocaster that features premium components and build quality at a price most guitarists will be able to afford.
Classic 70's Strat Design
While the features on this guitar are about as modern as you can get on a Strat the look is still very 70's. With its slightly flatter body and oversized headstock this guitar still wears its history proudly while realising that there is a lot that has been improved in recent years.
Normally the Fender Noiseless pickups are only available on some of the highest end USA made guitars but now they have made their way to Mexico. Fitted in this guitar you have a set of the classically voiced Vintage Noiseless pickups that combine real vintage single coil tones without any of that annoying buzz or hum that you get on regular single coils.
One of the small tweaks that Fender made this year was the introduction of a push-push switch in between the two tone controls. This tiny little switch adds the bridge pickup to positions 4 and 5 on the pickup selector adding extra brightness and dynamic range to these normally quite dark sounds.
As they are improving all of the electronics why not take a look at the hardware as well! So now this guitar has a more modern 2 point synchronized tremolo which matches classic saddles with modern performance. Combine that with an asymmetrical neck plate for better neck access and locking short pole machine heads and you have a really stable guitar without the limitations of older designs.
Here's what Fender say about the Deluxe Strat
A tonally versatile guitar with time-honoured Fender style and sound, the Deluxe Strat has a few tricks up its sleeve. Special switching unlocks extra pickup combinations for those moments you find yourself needing a little extra kick to stand out. Combining noise-free performance with enhanced playing comfort, this sleek instrument is a truly deluxe performer that excels on stage and in the studio. Three Vintage Noiseless pickups offer all the clarity and articulation you've come to expect from Strat pickups-with no hum. A push/push mini-switch discretely tucked away between the tone controls, yet still easy to reach, activates the bridge pickup in positions four and five on the selector. Use the bridge and neck pickups together or combine all three pickups for flexible tone that can meet the needs of any song. Enjoy smoother travel when using the tremolo bridge, thanks to the modern two-point synchronized design, which includes bent steel saddles for classic aesthetics. A contoured neck heel and 4-bolt asymmetrical neck plate make it easy to comfortably reach the upper registers of the neck. The flatter 12"-radius fingerboard makes it easy to play fast leads and perform deep bends without fretting out. Locking short-post tuning machines provide increased break angle at the nut for buzz-free playing and enhanced tuning stability, along with quicker string changes. Melding classic Fender style and sound with upgraded modern components, the Deluxe Strat is perfect for players who need a wide variety of authentic Fender tones on tap.
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots on Maple, White Pearloid Dots on Rosewood
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Pos 1. Bridge Pickup Pos 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Pos 3. Middle Pickup Pos 4. Middle and Neck Pickups (Plus Bridge Pickup When Push/Push Switch Is Activated) Pos 5. Neck Pickup (Plus Bridge Pickup When Push/Push Switch Is Activated)
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking with Vintage Style Button
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic