All the ingredients that made the Les Paul name legendary are in the Gibson Les Paul Standard 2016 T. This is truly a comprehensively featured, fully loaded Les Paul, with a compound-radius rosewood fingerboard and modern weight relief to provide outstanding balance and playing feel while optimizing the guitar's celebrated tone.
The new 2016 model comes in a choice of carved plain maple top or beautifully figured maple top dependent on its finish. Body binding adds a familiar touch of elegance, while the mahogany back uses modern construction to add resonance and playing comfort.
The mahogany neck is also bound and features a thick rosewood fingerboard for more traditional feel and tone with a compound radius that offers the best playing experience possible.
The nut width is slightly narrower this year, marking a return to the historic original width that players prefer. Gibson uses a self-lubricating Graph Tech nut that helps strings return to pitch from heavy string bending while adding sustain.
Burstbucker Pro humbuckers offer traditional P.A.F. tone with coil-splitting for alternate single-coil sounds.
- Historic heel
- TekToid nut
- Original neck width
- Standard toggle switch
- Double-contact-point jack
- Traditional grade wood selection
- Acrylic inlays
- Tuners: Traditional vintage manual tuners
- Neck width: Original 1-11/16" neck width
- Nut: Graph Tech nut
- Neck heel: Classic Les Paul heel
- Body: Carved maple top on mahogany body with modern weight relief
- Pickups: Burstbucker Pro humbuckers
- Fingerboard: Thicker rosewood fingerboard
- Top: AAA maple top with translucent finishes
- Traditional brown hard shell case included