MARTIN GPCX2AE MACASSAR ACOUSTIC/ELECTRIC
Value-packed Grand Performance Cutaway with Solid Top
There's big value in the Martin GPCX2AE Macassar acoustic-electric guitar. The high-pressure laminate back and sides are topped with real solid sapele, for vibrant acoustic tone that's also affordable. Solid wood tops enhance in tonality as they age, so you can be sure that the GPCX2AE Macassar will sound even better as the years go by. For great plugged-in tone, Fishman Sonitone electronics are built in. For an easy-playing Grand Performance cutaway that won't break the bank, you'll definitely want to get your hands on the Martin GPCX2AE Macassar.
Martin GPCX2AE Macassar Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Solid top for tone that enhances with age
- Smooth playability from the Performing Artist series neck
- Great-sounding Fishman Sonitone electronics
Solid top for tone that enhances with age
Sweetwater knows that the choice of top wood can make or break the sound of an acoustic guitar. For the GPCX2AE Macassar, Martin chose a solid sapele top. And because it's a solid-wood top, the tone will age gracefully as the wood matures, with enhanced harmonics and greater tonal balance as the years go by.
Smooth playability from the Performing Artist series neck
Whether you're recording for hours or plan to play out late into the night, you'll be glad you got a Martin GPCX2AE Macassar. The GPCX2AE Macassar features one of Martin's outstanding Performing Artist series necks, whose slimmer profile is easy on your hand, allowing you to play those extended sessions in comfort.
Great-sounding Fishman Sonitone electronics
The GPCX2AE Macassar is equipped with the Fishman Sonitone pickup system, which delivers great-sounding output onstage and in the studio. The Sonitone system puts volume and tone controls directly in the soundhole for easy access.
Martin GPCX2AE Macassar Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Classic Martin styling with Fishman electronics in a Grand Performance cutaway model
- Sitka spruce X-bracing enhances projection and tonal balance
- Solid sapele top for a rich, lively sound that will enhance with age
- High-pressure laminate back and sides, with Macassar pattern
- Fast Performing Artist neck with High Performance Taper for exceptional playability
Get a solid-topped acoustic-electric at a great value, with the Martin GPCX2AE Macassar.
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Grand Performance
- Body Style: Single Cutaway
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Top Wood: Solid Sapele
- Back & Sides Wood: Macassar Patterned High Pressure Laminate
- Body Bracing: X Brace
- Neck Wood: Brown Birch Laminate
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Fingerboard Material: Richlite
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dot
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge Material: Richlite
- Nut/Saddle Material: White Corian/White Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
- Strings: SP Lifespan 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Light, .012 -.054
- Case included
- Manufacturer Part Number: 11GPCX2AEMACASSAR