sE Electronics X1A Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
This Mic Shatters the Price-to-performance Barrier
sE Electronics hits another home run with the X1 A large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone. The X1 A's upgraded capsule sounds great. Accuracy, dynamics, well-balanced frequency response - they're all there. Overhauled electronics manifest unbelievable sonic performance, especially at this price. A -20dB pad switch extends your dynamic range; although, given the X1 A's excellent SPL handling, you may not need it very often. A 100Hz highpass filter eliminates rumble and other unwanted low-frequency sounds. A gold-plated XLR connector ensures that the sE Electronics X1 A large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone will maintain a solid, reliable connection for years to come.
sE Electronics X1 A Large-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Upgraded capsule and overhauled electronics yield impressive performance
- Attenuation and highpass switches make capturing any source a piece of cake
- Durable all-metal housing, premium finish, and quality components
Upgraded capsule and overhauled electronics yield impressive performance
The sE Electronics X1 A places superb sonic performance in your hands for a relatively small amount of cash. Experience impressive accuracy, dynamics, and frequency response, by virtue of the X1 A's upgraded capsule and overhauled electronics. Effortlessly capture an endless variety of sources with a 20Hz-20kHz frequency range, up to 134dB of dynamic range, and 150dB of SPL handling. An integrated windscreen eliminates the need for an external pop filter and provides an extra layer of protection for the X1 A's capsule.
Attenuation and highpass switches make capturing any source a piece of cake
Extend your dynamic range with the sE Electronics X1 A's -20dB pad. Close miking loud sources - guitar cabinets, loud brass instruments, drums, and more - is child's play with the X1 A. When we tested the X1 A here at Sweetwater, we used its 100Hz highpass filter to tame low-frequency rumble and footfall noise, and to solve proximity effect issues.
Durable all-metal housing, premium finish, and quality components
Not only can the sE Electronics X1 A's robust all-metal chassis take a respectable beating, it also provides superb protection from electrical interference and noise. And it looks great. Rest assured that you'll be using the X1 A for years to come, thanks to its high-quality components, including a gold-plated XLR connector. You'll be hard pressed to find many mics of this caliber at an entry-level price.
sE Electronics X1 A Large-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone Features:
- Upgraded capsule and overhauled electronics yield accuracy, dynamics, and well-balanced frequency response
- -20dB pad switch extends your dynamic range for capturing loud close-miked sources
- 100Hz highpass filter eliminates rumble and other unwanted low-frequency sounds
- 150dB of SPL handling tackles guitar cabs, brass instruments, drums, and other loud sources
- Gold-plated XLR connector ensures a solid, reliable connection
- Durable all-metal housing and premium finish
- Includes a rock-solid swivel mic clip and thread adapter that fits nearly any mic stand
The sE Electronics X1 A large-diaphragm condenser is a beginner mic that you'll keep forever.
- Microphone Type: Condenser
- Mono/Stereo: Mono
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Diaphragm Size: 0.66" (16.9mm)
- Frequency Range: 20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL: 130 dB SPL (0.5% THD @ 1kHz), 150dB with pad
- Output Impedance: <50 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78dB (A weighted)
- Self Noise: 16dB (A weighted)
- Low Cut Filter: 100Hz (6dB/octave)
- Pads: -20dB
- Color: Black
- Connector: XLR
- Power Source: 48V phantom power
- Weight: 13.8 oz.
- Included Accessories: Stand Mount
- Manufacturer Part Number: SEE-X1A